COMP 1850, Assignment 1
This page includes links to various online resources for web developers:
- HTML Resources
- CSS Resources
- Developer News
- Validation Tools
- Web Developer Forums
- Colour Tools
- Code Beautifiers
- Device, Size and Screen tests
- W3Shcools HTML Element Reference: A w3schools refernce guide with HTML tags ordered by category.
- Mozilla HTML element reference A Mozilla foundation resource with HTML elements grouped by function.
- HTML Cheat Sheet: An HTML quick reference 'cheat sheet' of common HTML tags and their attributes, grouped into relevant sectionst.
- Codrops is a design and development blog. They have a Tutorial section on web development, sample website concepts and layouts, and an extensive CSS reference page.
- Six Revisions publishes articles for web developers and designers on a regular basis every 2-5 days.
- Markup Validation Service checks the markup validity of Web documents in HTML, XHTML, SMIL and more.
- CSS Validation Service checks CSS and (X)HTML documents with style sheets.
- Unicorn - W3C's Unified Validator does the work of the previous two validators in one.
- Web Accessibility checking tool will check single HTML pages for conformance with accessibility standards to ensure the content can be accessed by everyone.
Web Developer Forums
- Stack Overflow: is a popular developer’s community site where you can post questions and find answers.
- Webdeveloper.com is a forum about general web development and programming. The site is separated into sections: client side development, server side development and site management.
- Designer Hangout is a very active community for UX designers. It is quite strict in vetting new members.
- Coffee Cup is a forum aimed to help web designers.
- The Paletton Colorizer is designed to create palettes of colors that work well together according to classical color theories.
- ColorHexa is a free color tool providing information about any color and generating matching color palettes for your designs (such as complementary, analogous, triadic, tetradic or monochromatic colors schemes).
Device, Size and Screen tests
- Mobile Friendly Test is a Google tool that allows you to test how easily a visitor can use your page on a mobile device.
- Multi Screen Resolution Test allows you to test how you site will look at different screen resolutions and on different devices
- The Responsinator quickly gives an indication of how a responsive site will look on the most popular devices.